Central heating (under floor and cast iron radiators), wood burning stove, antique furniture, FreeSat Digital TV, DVD player, iPod Docks and CD players, double bed, bath, steam cubicle with monsoon and conventional shower. Microwave, fridge/freezer/ dishwasher, electric cooker. Laundry room in external byre with washing machine and tumble dryer. Garden furniture, BBQ, herb and vegetable gardens. Private parking.
What you need to know before booking:
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome to stay with you, but please keep them off the furniture. Scargill Castle is on the edge of a working farm so dogs must be kept under control and care taken when outside the castle grounds. Some agile small dogs may be able to climb over the garden walls. Please let us know when booking if you are bringing dogs as we charge £25 extra to cover additional cleaning costs.
- Scargill is designed to sleep two adults. The stairs are not suitable for toddlers or the infirm (or indeed very old dogs!).
- Towels will be provided in the bathroom and dish cloths in the kitchen
- Handmade cosmetics will be provided in the bathroom and a hamper in the kitchen will provide you with foody essentials and some local produce to taste. We keep the kitchen stocked with cooking essentials such as olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Your bed will be made with clean fresh linen
- You will find the wood burning stove set for you and logs are provided
- The castle is centrally heated throughout
- A washing machine, tumble dryer and drying room are located in the byre.
- A BBQ is provided for al fresco eating in the garden
- The Tudor Garden includes a herb garden and a vegetable patch. Please help yourself and feel free to weed! Why not book a Tudor banquet to enhance your stay? Read all about it here or explore the banquet menu here.
- Scargill is located in a rural environment on the edge of a working farm with some farmyard noises (mostly cows and tractors). Roads are not always gritted after snow or ice
- The historic character of the building means that surfaces can be uneven and rooms are spread over three floors with the bedroom on the top floor and the bathroom on the ground floor.
To check for availability, get costs and to book click here